Monday, November 02, 2009

anyone out there heard of something called a "publason effect"?

(not sure about the spelling, might be "poublaison" -- the word sounds vaguely French, as said)

come across it only twice:

-- in 87 or '88 when interviewing hurby luv bug (producer of salt n pepa), he was talking about his sampling techniques and used that word to describe a special kind of loop

-- a few weeks ago at the arthur russell conference someone on a panel used it talking about the recording sessions for a particular project