Monday, June 27, 2022

Pistol whipping

For this New York Times piece - which appeared in the print + paper edition yesterday - I looked at  Pistol as a punk fan turned parent and pedagogue. What, I wondered, could my sons or my students find inspirational, or relatable, or even comprehensible, about the Sex Pistols saga? Are there any "teachable moments"  to be gleaned from punk in the year 2022?

(Interviewed: my 16-year-old).

(Here also is the missus's take for Vanity Fair).

(The other installments of my recent "punk trilogy" - McLaren and cultural terrorism at LRB, punk movies for Pitchfork)

(Plus ancillary blogposts - Jordan and the aesthetics (and ethics) of shock, "No Fun" versus "Gee, Officer Krupke") 



rrrrrrrrrright!

'ere we go now

a sociology lecture

with a bit of psychology

a bit of neurology

a bit of fuckology

no fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun


Rotten mocking and taunting in advance all professional analysts and understanders of punk as "valid expression of working class youth energy"!


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away