Friday, July 15, 2005

I'm beyond gutted. Like an arse I got the dates mixed up and missed Lady Sovereign's NYC live debut. That was the show I've most looked forward to since... I dunno, Dizzee's debut here at Volume maybe. I met Sov doing this piece on Grime (in the just-out current issue of Spin) and boy, she's got presence. It was at Medasyn's studio and I got to hear some of the new stuff with the punk and 2-Tone influences--just fantastic. Medasyn's production and arrangments reminded me of Hyper-On Experience at their most cartoony and effervescent with detail. Gutted, I tell you. Mind you, apparently, she was sick as a dog and warned the front row at the KnitFace they were in the projectile puke danger-zone. Well they talk about grime MCs spittin' and sprayin' don't they...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away