Friday, August 17, 2007

Next Wednesday, August 22, there's an event for the Marooned book at Housing Works Used Book Cafe in downtown Manhattan (126 Crosby Street, just below Houston). It's 7pm, a bunch of contributors will be reading from their essays (Rob Harvilla, Scott Seward, Daphne Carr, Tom Breihan, Kandia Crazy Horse, plus editor Phil Freeman naturally), there'll be Q and A, and it's FREE. Unfortunately I can't participate as I'm off on our annual hols (same place as ever year, Broadstairs, Mrs Pitkin, fried bread etc etc). Shame as I had a whole riff mentally prepared, wasn't going to read from my Solid Air essay, but talk about why I chose that album, reasons that relate to the role of critics and criticism, and specifically that Bloosm-ian agon between generations that Marooned dramatises through its joust with Stranded ... perhaps i'll riff it out here at a later date

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away